Yes, it’s quite simple question. Here are a few tips which are simple to follow. These will help you to cure acid reflux, before it gets worse and most you can do right at home.
• Proper diet: According to a research, certain diet plays an important role enhancing acid reflux and if an individual avoids that, he can save himself from this disorder. For instance, try to avoid, alcohol, chili, citrus fruits, coffee, garlic, tea, vinegar, tomato and black pepper he can cure acid reflux. Some foods like Beans, cabbage, kale, broccoli, fizzy drinks and cauliflower can also cause discomfort for the patients of acid reflux. So, it’s better to avoid them too.
• Take care of LES: LES or lower esophageal sphincter is the muscle responsible for blocking the stomach acids from coming back into the esophagus. When this muscle gets weakened you feel acid reflux. If you take care of your LES, you will be able to cure Acid reflux. Give LES rest not consuming spicy food for a day or two, every week.
• Drink more water: Water is important for your health. Drink a lot of water, especially after having your meal. It will act like a seal on LES and stomach fluids will not travel back.
• Eat small portions: Eating a lot of food at a time is also a major cause of acid reflux. If you want to cure acid reflux, cut down your meals to small portions and you can have 5 or 6 meals in a day, instead of three big ones.
• Medication: When these small tips and tricks does not work and you have no idea that how do you cure acid reflux, medication is inevitable. Different kinds of medicines are available, which your doctor will suggest according to the problem. For instance, if your stomach is producing more acid and that is causing acid reflux you should take acid suppressants. They will prevent the extra production of acids and you will be able to get rid of acid reflux soon.
Similarly, if acid reflux is caused by filling the stomach, you should take prokinetic agents; they will take care of these aspects. You can also take antacids, which are used in lighter symptoms like heartburn. They neutralize the acids of stomach but they are not recommended for the permanent patients of acid reflux. Also see our 6 tips on how to stop acid reflux. All our tips will help you to understand the causes of acid reflux and you will be able to understand that how do your cure acid reflux. Try these tips as they are natural and will help you to get rid of acid reflux, but if you feel that they are not quite helpful, you should consult your doctor.